Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Accreditation Agency

Transcript Requests

The PHAA transcript is put together by the PHAA evaluator. It consists of a summary sheet of courses taken by a student and includes grades and credits earned. It also includes all of the high school evaluation letters.

When students or graduates apply to colleges or seek employment or promotions, they often need to have PHAA send their transcripts. It not only helps sell the student to the school or employer, but it also proves that the graduate is indeed a high school graduate from a recognized program.

There are three ways that the parent or student can request that PHAA send the student's high school transcript to a school or employer:

1. Mail-in Transcript Request - $10 each

The least expensive way to request a transcript is to mail in our transcript request form. You don't actually have to use the form. A handwritten request with the same information is fine.

Whenever we send off a transcript, we always send you a snail-mail letter including a receipt and a copy of the cover letter that accompanied the transcript.

Click here to open the transcript request form (pdf) in a new tab or window.

2. Rushed Transcript Request - $15 each

If you are in a hurry, you can use our online store to request that your transcript be sent off right away to a college, or to an employer. If the student is a graduate, we will only honor your request if the following two conditions are met:

If these conditions are not met, we will send you a snail-mail letter explaining why we did not send off the transcript as you requested. So if you are not sure, call us first (724-783-6512) before you pay for a rushed transcript using this page.

If the student is a current student (not a graduate), the student's file must include the current transcript as signed by your evaluator as well as evaluation letters for all of the high school years so far. (Evaluation letters are attached when we send off the transcript.) You can call us first (724-783-6512) to make sure the file is complete. If it is not complete, then instead of sending off the transcript, we will email you a note indicating which items we still need before we send off the transcript.

Whenever we send off a transcript, we send you a snail-mail letter including a receipt and a copy of the cover letter that accompanied the transcript.

Click here to request a rushed transcript using PayPal or a Credit Card in our online store.

3. Common App Transcript Request - $15 each

More and more colleges have been using the Common Application so that you can have your school (that's us) post your transcript once (online) instead of mailing it separately (snail mail) to each college. Also, you can get recommendations posted once.

The first thing you need to do is line up your "school counselor" and your "teacher" recommenders. Talk to your evaluator. He or she could do either. If he or she does the teacher recommendation, you can get me (Dr. Howard Richman: to do the counselor recommendation (which requires posting of the transcript). If you have enough teachers, without requiring that your evaluator be a teacher, it is to your advantage to have your evaluator be the school counselor, as he or she can include a personal recommendation when uploading the transcript. (When we upload the transcript we don't include a personal recommendation.)

You start by going up to and then you fill out the form as an "Applicant." First complete the Education Section of the application. Then you will manage your recommenders under the two "recommenders" headings, one for "teachers" and one for "school counselor." You will have to separately select "Assign Recommenders" for each college to which your student is applying. (You can assign the same recommenders to multiple colleges.) After assigning recommenders, press the "Manage Recommenders" button and enter all the required information, including each recommender's e-mail address , so the Common Application can email each recommender an invitation.

If you will want PHAA to post your transcript directly to the Common App, your counselor will be:

Dr. Howard B. Richman
105 Richman LN
Kittanning PA 16201

After you have done all of the above, it is time to go into our store to request a Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Accreditation Agency (PHAA) transcript for the Common App. You have two "Counselor" options (at the bottom of this page) depending upon whether you want your evaluator or PHAA to submit your transcript to the Common App:

  1. Evaluator. PHAA will forward you (using email) a PHAA transcript in the proper format for you to forward (using email) to your evaluator so that your evaluator can submit your transcript to the Common App as part of a recommendation.
  2. PHAA. We will submit your transcript directly to the Common App with Dr. Howard B. Richman ( acting as your counselor.

Click here to order a Common-App transcript using PayPal or a Credit Card in our online store.

Attention Buxmont Christian Educational Institute Families

As a service to Buxmont Christian Educational Institute (BCEI) which ceased operations in June 2016, PHAA sends out transcripts for BCEI graduates. Click here to download the BCEI Transcript Request form which you can send in by snail mail (cost $10 per transcript) or Click here to order and pay for a "rushed" transcript online (cost $15 per transcript).