2021 PHAA Virtual Graduation Video. May 31 is Deadline for Participants.
This year's PHAA Virtual Graduation Ceremony will be on YouTube and will premier on Monday June 7, 2021, at 7:00pm on the PHAA Video channel. Like last year, this will be a VIRTUAL VIDEO CEREMONY. Each family submits a short graduation video showing them awarding their diploma to their graduate, plus saying a few words about the meaning of their homeschooling journey. The deadlines for participants are fast approaching:
- May 31, 2021 is the last date that you can pay here to participate in the ceremony. The cost is $10 per family.
- May 31, 2021 is the deadline to post the required items for the virtual ceremony. You upload all of them at this link. (To see what others have posted in the past, click here to watch our 2020 virtual graduation ceremony on YouTube.) This is a firm deadline -- no extensions:
- A short (90 second maximum) graduation video showing student receiving diploma from family for inclusion in the video.
- A short (50 word) biography of the student for use in the video.
- Five photos of the student for use in the video.
- May 31, 2021 is the deadline to post a student 5 minute (or less) optional performance. You would film your student's performance, and we would add them to the video. We hope to include every submitted performance that has good video quality and would be appropriate. You'll upload your student's performance at the same link as the other items for the ceremony.
Last year's virtual ceremony was a great success. PHAA Board Member Laszlo Pasztor started it off with a meaningful and inspiring invocation. Then Patti Stoudt gave a wonderful and inspiring commencement speech. Senator Pat Toomey gave his congratulations from his office in Washington. The graduates who performed were all poised. Then each family's presentation was introduced with five photos and the graduate's biography read aloud, followed by creative and often emotion-packed presentations recorded by each family, culminating when the families moved the graduate's tassel to show that the student had graduated.
This year's ceremony should be even better. Our commencement speaker will be the world-famous Michael Behe, homeschool dad and professor of biological sciences at Lehigh University. State Representative Jesse Topper (PHAA grad, class of 2000) will give his congratulations to the graduates. Tell your extended family that they can view the ceremony at 7:00 pm on June 7 by going to this page and keep refreshing the page until the link appears at the top. Alternatively, they can go to the PHAA YouTube page and access the video from there. You might want to arrange your own Zoom video with extended family right afterwards! Or you can join our general ZOOM graduation session immediately afterwards on June 7. We will share the link with you when you register for the ceremony so that you can email it to friends and families.
In 2022, we plan to return to having an in-person graduation ceremony. Our projected location is Carlisle Pennsylvania.